1752790 Members
6344 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

StorageWorks NAS 4000s Cluster

BR859035

StorageWorks NAS 4000s Cluster

Hi all,
we have some serious problems on our StorageWorks 4000s Clusters connected to MSA1000. Suddenly and unexpectedly the Servers are not starting the cluster service or its in "Starting" state. Also you cannot logon localy with an other account than administrator. The Explorer Search function is also not working. We have no clue what happends, because we dont have installed any updates. We use Mcafee ePo /Netshield. We started Servers in Safemode an make local Checkdisk, the local NTFS Security was totaly corrupted.

What can be happend?
2 REPLIES 2
CA1043516

Re: StorageWorks NAS 4000s Cluster

How many nodes do you have in the cluster?
Did this happen to all nodes at the same time?

It really sounds like your local security databases were corrupted but I cannot say why.

Is your cluster still down? Are the shared drives on the MSA1000 corrupt as well?

BR859035

Re: StorageWorks NAS 4000s Cluster

all clusters are two-node clusters, one cluster per site, sites connected WANs.
i've set the security back with secedit and secsetup.inf.
This happends to only one node of three different clusters. I've evicted this node from cluster and put it in to workgroup, nothing helps. The only thing i've regonized is when i delete the computeraccount from domain a message appears "This xxx is an Container and contains....". Very suspect...
Starting any *.exe file will not work but in Taskmanager the Programm is running.
The Cluster is still alive, the other node is working.
The MSA Drives are not corruptet.

This is all very serius..