1752815 Members
5843 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Unable to format volume on DL380 G5 Storage Server with MSA20

Alexander Svalov

Unable to format volume on DL380 G5 Storage Server with MSA20

Hi everyone!
There is a problem with a new HP Proliant DL380 G5 Storage Server. This server has one external MSA20 enclosure with 12 500GB SATA-disks, connected to Smart Array 6402 RAID-controller. In HP Array Configuration Utility i've made one SATA-array, consisting of 12 disks, and 3 RAID-5 logical disks on this array with 2, 2 and 1.5 Tb sizes. Then in Windows Disk Management console i've initialized new disks and converted them to dynamic type. When i'm trying to make a new volume on any of these disk, after some time waiting, message appears - Logical Disk Manager "The request time out and could not be completed". I tried to convert disks back to basic type and make partitions on them but with the same result, i.e. i have physical disks and can not assign letters and format them. Can anybody help me?
2 REPLIES 2
Avinash Agarkar
Valued Contributor

Re: Unable to format volume on DL380 G5 Storage Server with MSA20

Hi,

Deletate the newley created array from the array configuration utility, then reconfigure the same and try again with Windows Disk Managment to formate the disk if not then take a reboot and then try to formate it will definately work.

Avinash
Great Power Comes With Great Responsibility
Peter Horrell

Re: Unable to format volume on DL380 G5 Storage Server with MSA20

Hey Alexander, I'm expierencing exactly the same issue. Did you get this resolved?