1752600 Members
4550 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 1/8 G2 Autoloader

Humphrey McGee
Occasional Advisor

1/8 G2 Autoloader

The device will not do anything. The ready light blinks for hours and any operation you try to perform it says the unit is busy. Eventually it will display the message "Drv Check Cond FC 00", and the ready and error lights will both blink. There is a cartridge in the drive and it will not lot me move it to a slot (all 8 are empty), so I cannot remove the tape. I've cycled power and reseated the drive to no avail. The unit is going to be replaced, but how can I get the tape out?
TIA,
Sam
3 REPLIES 3
Ganz
Trusted Contributor

Hi Humphrey,

The tape can be removed when the HP Field Engineer visits the site with the replacement. If only the drive is being replaced you may review the document that should assist you with the procedure to remove the stuck tape.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00796950

Hi Humphrey

The chances that the tape is damaged is pretty good,My Advice do a media test using HP LTT after the drive has been replaced .

Kind Regards
MichaelT
Humphrey McGee
Occasional Advisor

I got the tape out of the drive by removing the tape drive from the defective machine and installing it into the replacement. However, I don't think any of the tapes that were backed up on the original autoloader, the one that had a severe defect, are restorable. All the tapes were new, all were stored according to manufacturer specs, and they all reported "successful" with the full verify option selected. This has been quite an ordeal. I have tried to restore data from the tapes every way you can imagine, all to no avail.