cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/8 G2 Autoloader

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

1/8 G2 Autoloader

I have a HP Storageworks 1/8 G2 Autoloader. I received a error mesage "Robotic Stopped code: B3 0C" last week. The left magazine would not lock. Arcserve Backup software wouldn't see tapes.
Updated firmware to 2.70 on Friday, got backup software to run, but left magazine won't lock in place
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: 1/8 G2 Autoloader

Could you get a copy of L&TT http://www.hp.com/support/tapetools then pull a "support ticket" from the library?

Or as an alternate use the web interface for the library, go to the support tab, and pull the library support ticket from there. It's the same ticket either way.

Attach that and we may be able to provide more help.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Here is the support file I retrieved from Library tools

Thanks
Steve
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The "Robotic Stopped" message had rolled off the logs so I wasn't able to tell much.

That message usually indicates that the emergency magazine release was pushed and the magazine opened without a software or user request so the robotics were stopped to prevent damage or injury.

In the ticket, the library believes that the magazine is closed so if it's not latched then it isn't latching correctly.

If the message came up when nobody had used the emergency release on the magazine then it means the magazine latch wasn't latched properly and released the magazine. If the magazine won't latch now it sounds like the latch has failed. If you are still in warranty that should be covered. If not you could take the top cover off and see if comething on the magazine release came loose.

If you pull the top cover off a 1/8 G2 it should only be done with the library bolted into a rack or at least sitting on the proper feet on a desktop as the cover is part of the chassis alignment and is installed using a special fixture that makes certain the library is square. Having the library bolted in a rack holds it square.