6324 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 1/8 G2 LTO-5 FC Autoloader Plus DPX5.0 - Tape Eject

Aero72
Occasional Contributor

1/8 G2 LTO-5 FC Autoloader Plus DPX5.0 - Tape Eject

Dear all,

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here - all I'm trying to do is load a tape from a storage slot, perform a scheduled backup job and then move the tape to the designated mailslot (setup as a permanent mailslot on the device, so its now a 1/7 plus mailslot) - and have all that done automatically.....

...with the previous version of DPX, I noted that you can schedule a move job/export job to happen just after a main backup job.

With the current version it looks like the ability to schedule a move is no longer present, so you can't create a job group that will perform the backup/verify and then export the tape - please tell me I'm missing something here or do I have to do it manually. Firmware etc. have been patched and are latest.

Thanks for any replies.
2 REPLIES 2
Prakash Singh_1
HPE Pro

Hi,

Kindly chk the user guide at this link:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02590623/c02590623.pdf

section: Scheduling, Rotations, and Media
Management should help you for the media management.

Regards,

Prakash
Regards,

PS
To assign points on this post? Click the white Thumbs up below!
Aero72
Occasional Contributor

Yes - you'd think it might be in that section, but its not.....

I've configured a custom rotation consisting of a number of differential and full backups using an appropriate number of tapes used on days, weeks and months and its working fine - so configuring the rotation isn't the issue (which is explained in that section)...

I just can't see a way of making the device pick up from a storage slot and move it to the mailslot at the end of the job.

That User's guide does have a section called 'Device Commands', where Import/Format/Erase/Eject/Restore Commands are described. However, these are Actions which you have to manually command. I'm pretty certain previously several of these could be scheduled as actual jobs.