5615 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Backup Error

Ramesh manukonda
Occasional Contributor

Backup Error

hi,
i am using data protector software for incrimental and full backups, from monday to thursday we take incrimental backups for that we use different tapes each day and the same tapes for the next week too(monday -Thursday) ,when i use this i am getting an error 1400 wrong media, and end of week(Friday & Saturday) we take full back up 4(1stweek,2nd week ...) tapes for each month, we use the first week tape again next month first week,for this if the tape is new one back is going good, else it is giving the same error (ERROR 1400 Wrong Media)

Please help me in this issue

Thanks in advance for the support
5 REPLIES 5
D Wong
Regular Advisor

Re: Backup Error

Hi Ramesh:

1. First create your 4 incremental backup jobs. Create backup job Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday incremental. Stare with Quick Erase tape cartridges for the first week.

2. Setup your incremental backup job to Auto format blank media only. Also, the Write Mode should be setup to Overwrite all media.

3. On the second week and so forth of daily incremental backups, your backup job will automatically overwrite the correctly labeled tape cartridges. You can append to each day of incremental backup job but then you are responsible for knowing when the tape cartridge becomes full.

4. Next create you weekly full backup jobs. Create Week1 Full, Week2 Full, Week3 Full, Week4 Full, etc. Use the same setup as the incremental backup i.e. Auto Format Mode should be set to Auto format blank media only. Write mode should be Overwrite all media.

5. Now your weekly full backup jobs will keep one month worth of backups before overwriting the tape cartridge.

DPX Error 1400 is caused when DPX cannot find the correct tape cartridge to do its specific backup job. This is why I recommend you allowing DPX format its own tape cartridges. DPX will then format and label the cartridge correctly for the specific backup job.

Dave W.
Ramesh manukonda
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dave,
Thank you for the reply
Please can you help me out create the backup as you said the steps, can you please share the procedure how to create the 4 incrimental backs and weekly fuul backups, can i have any screen shots of that so that it would be helpful for me whr to create the jobs

Thanks for the support in advance
D Wong
Regular Advisor

Hi Ramesh:

Start with the basics first.

Try doing your test backups manually first. "Carrying out your first tape backup and restore." Setup a few test backup jobs to understand the basics of how to do a backup and restore jobs.

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01060008/c01060008.pdf

Than after you get confortable with a simple backup job. Then try to automate or schedule your backup jobs. See the below tutorial on the more advanced backup topics.

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01060037/c01060037.pdf

Dave W.

D Wong
Regular Advisor

Hi Ramesh:

The last hyperlink should have been as below.

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01059731/c01059731.pdf

Dave W.
riyas
Occasional Advisor

hi dave,
i have similar problem of ramesh.
as u said to format the media we will lost the data of that week or month . i want it on tape. i am gettting an eror no.1047 No media specified. can u help me?