StoreEver Tape Storage
1752808 Members
5698 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Clearing ESL 712e logs

Clearing ESL 712e logs

Dear all,
in my CVTL, which manages an ESL 712e library, I'm plenty of old alert logs and I can't see any recent log (the more recent one is from 2 years ago!).
The question is: is there a way to delete these logs (eventually from CLI) and check if the library can logs new events?
Best regards,
Alessandro
5 REPLIES 5
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

not sure which logs you refer to.
the notifications on CV should acontinue to appear, no need to clear old info
if your last notifiction is two yer old, I think you may have a very old FW and CV bundle, I would suggest first to upgrade it, and everything should be solved by itself

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=439354&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=392031&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005

Hi Marino,
the FW and CVTL are the latest:
2.70 CVTL
7.60.10 for the Robotics
L68W for the drives (LTO3 FC)
5963 for the ICs
I270 for the IM

Effectively I discovered this status while I was upgrading the FW (which was just one version before).
I also removed the CVTL management station from ESL cli, rebooted the library, removed and completely reinstalled both CVTL and JAVA (with jar cache disabled).

But but but... Maybe I discovered what's going on there... And it is something very very basic (I'm feeling idiot :-D ): the Library system date reported from CVTL is back in the 1980...
Armin Kerl
Frequent Advisor

Hi Alessandro,

you are not an Idiot.
Im am searching for a "Clear Logfile" Command too, several Years now.

As I know:
- Seems that the Logs are on the SD-Card inside the IM stored
- Seems that there is no CV GUI oder Commandline (Telnet) Command for deleting the Logs, only for show: show mgmt log event
- Last Week I have to do "Reset to Factory default" on an ESL, this solves my problem and it also deletes the Logs. :-)

Armin
ThierryT
Super Advisor

In same situation here too...but reset to factory default would basically mean config back the library from scratch...any other ways?
ThierryT
Super Advisor

alerts in CVTL-->Status-->Alert Log