5275 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Code 9B C4 on Autoloader 1/8 G2

SOLVED
Go to solution
Adam Mirki

Code 9B C4 on Autoloader 1/8 G2

Every time when I'm switching tapes on Autoloader (left magazine) I'm receiving code 9BC4. To get rid off this I usually reboot Autoloader, after that it works fine up to next change of tapes.

Please advise.
11 REPLIES 11
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Re: Code 9B C4 on Autoloader 1/8 G2

Please post an L&TT support ticket so we can take a look at the full error details. The front panel just lists the top level error.

You can pull the library support ticket using the "Support" tab in the web interface.
Adam Mirki

I went to Autoloader website, tab Support\Support Ticket\Download and pullout attached file. Is it what I should do?
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor
Solution

The autoloader is complaining about having problems finding the sled position sensor for the lower left magazine (the only left magazine for a 1/8 G2).

The sled position sensor is a little plastic prism that is in the lower front edge of each magazine slot. I would pull the magazine and check to make certain that all slots in that magazine have the sensor and that it is installed tightly. Unfortunately the logs don't have the detail that says which slot but you may be able to tell by listening to the scan process and seeing where retries start.
Adam Mirki

Thank you.
Johnny Dahia

I am getting the same error message, any suggestions? I have attached a file from the error log

Robotic Failure 9B C4
Johnny Dahia

I am getting the same error message, any suggestions? I have attached a file from the error log

Robotic Failure 9B C4
Atanas
Advisor

Hi, Adam, if you want to have more info about this error code, you can find it on the RMI. Press the button Support and than the Autoloader Logs. The logs entries are displayed in order of most resent or oldest. I will avise you to update the Firmware( both, Drive and chassis)than run the Wellness test and see the error code. If the problem persist call your HP support to exchange the chassis.
Filip Gjers├╕e

Hi!

I also get the error code: "Robotic Failure 9B C4"

I have attached the log file
NarayanKK
Advisor

Adam,

We have a workaround for this Robotic failure on a G2 autoloader. Please try the steps provided in the attachment and let me know the status