108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Command View TL 2.30 could not discover EML 103e library

SOLVED
Go to solution
shen song
Occasional Contributor

Command View TL 2.30 could not discover EML 103e library

I just fresh install Windows 2003 SP2 and install Command View 7.01 for EVA and install Commandview TL 2.30 for VLS and EML library, now I can not discover the EML library within the same subnet, and I can telnet and ping to EML library, so connection is good.I can discover it using CV TL 2.3 on my notebook.

There are SMI-S tape provider and SMI-S EVA provider installed on same server, do they conflict?

attach CV TL log file.

Regards,
song shen
song.shen@hp.com
4 REPLIES 4
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Please note that only a single SMI-S Provider (or â CIMOMâ ) can be installed on a management station at this time. When Command View for Tape Libraries and Command View EVA are installed on the same management station, either the Tape Library Provider or EVA Provider â but not both â can be installed.
Additional documentation on HP StorageWorks Command View for Tape Libraries, HP StorageWorks Command View EVA, and SMI-S is available at at: http://www.hp.com.

Installing the Tape Library provider after installing the EVA provider can cause the CIMOM to fail startup, while installing the EVA provider after installing the Tape Library provide can cause provider functional calls to fail. Uninstalling both providers and reinstalling only one results in normal operation.
shen song
Occasional Contributor

Hi Meloni,

Thanks for reply.
Is there any way I could disable SMI-S eva provider to test whether CV TL talking with EML library?

I installed CV TL 2.30 on my notebook, I could see three services may relate to CV TL:
Command View TL
HP Storageworks SMI-S Provider
Pagasus WMI Mapper

Regards,
song shen
shen song
Occasional Contributor

In services, I found only "HP StroageWorks SMI-S CIMServer" is started, no other SMI-S service running.

I asked customer to verify those ports open in fireware and they told me that they could discover the EML library now in 30 seconds. all good now, thanks for help.
shen song
Occasional Contributor

Customer verify the ports in firewall,and now CV TL 2.30 could discover the EML library in 30 seconds, close the call. Thanks.