cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command View TL 2.6 on Windows 2008

Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Command View TL 2.6 on Windows 2008

I recently tried to install Command View TL 2.6 fresh on a Windows 2008 x64 R2 server. I got an error about the database service unable to start, and after the installation I get the service installed, but if I try to start it all I get back is that the service started then stopped again. No error as such, Windows just says this may be the expected behaviour of service in question.

Digging deeper into the logs, there are errors reported about the web server unable to start, but I won't post the full logs here unless requested. It looks, tastes and feels like a java runtime error, but I'm trying to streamline a few other java dependent tools on this server so I'd rather not mess too much with the java version.

My question is really about Windows 2008. According to the Command View TL manual, Windows 2008 is now supported but I've been unable to find any details on this. Windows 2008 comes in many different flavours and in particular R2 can be finicky.

Does anyone know what Windows 2008 would run Command View TL, or confirm that it is supported on Win2k8 x64 R2 and that I should find the solution elsewhere?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Command View TL 2.6 on Windows 2008

Win2k8 x64 R2 is supported.  Windows User Account Control (UAC) is sometimes an issue.  Is that running?

Also, did you install as administrator?  If not, then you'll need to add whichever user you've logged with to the Administrators group.

Let me know if these suggestions do or don't help.  If it's the latter, then I'll help you troubleshoot the issue.