1752564 Members
5187 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Commandview tl and cimserver

john briggs_2
Occasional Contributor

Commandview tl and cimserver

Inorder to monitor esl-e libraries I intend to use the tape provider in cvtl and configure it for hpsim. I see that the cimserver directory is not installed when cvtl is installed (tried on threee systems)therefore I cannot authenticate a cimuser account for webmdisco to work hence webes will not work. The snmp trap alternative is not much use since we get hundreds of alerts every time the load ports are accesed.
2 REPLIES 2
Robert Hazel

Re: Commandview tl and cimserver

Hi John.

Currently, the only integration between HP SIM and the ESL is via SNMP. There is a way to filter the SNMP events by modifying the trap receiver settings via SNMP. Do you need some instructions on how to do this?
john briggs_2
Occasional Contributor

Re: Commandview tl and cimserver

Robert,
Yes I would like to have some help on snmp filtering for these.
We have two esl322's ons seperate sites and I have pointed the snmp trap from the libraries to the sim server.
In sim the management stations do show a provider highlighted and on clicking on it it does show the configuration of the library however I was expecting it to behave like an eva whereby the cimuser credentials are used and wbemdisco identifies the eva. Then on I normally add the management server to webes and the elmc shows the storage cell.
not so for the library. I guess it is just snmp which even though I did initially try and set the filtering to critical still retrieves every load port access and inventory which alerts the platform team with spurious mails.
Another question do I need to add the library
in Webes and set the protocol to snmp default ? Documentation is vague.
John
PS cvtl is 2.61