108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DAT 40 copying problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
niall cook

DAT 40 copying problem

Hi,

I have an HP StorageWorks DAT 40 SCSI External Tape Drive. I need to copy some image files from my PC on to a tape but how can i do this when tape drive does show up in Windows Explorer??

Cheers, Niall.
5 REPLIES 5
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: DAT 40 copying problem

You need to use a backup software Windows has its onw just make sure you have Removable Storage service started see the atach pic.

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles
niall cook

Ok great tks Pablo., not sure what you mean by "removable Storage service started" though?
Cheers,
Niall.
niall cook

oh and another thing, i've got windows 2000 and the only back file i can find on my PC is called "NTbackup" - is this the same one?
Rajanikant
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

In your windows matchine, if you can look into the services, there will be a service called " Removable Storage" which has to be running for you to use the Native NT backup

Then go to Windows NT backup application (programs -> accessories -> system tools-> backup)select the files you want to copy into to the tape and run the backup job.

Tape drives will not appear in the Explorer as an additional drive. We will have to use a Backup application to copy data from Host to tape drive

Hope this helps

Regards

Raj
niall cook

that's great tks Raj, i'll come back to you if i have any further probs. cheers, niall.