StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAT 72x10 says "DRIVE BROKEN F3 00"

Highlighted

DAT 72x10 says "DRIVE BROKEN F3 00"

This drive is about 6 months old and has been running flawlessly until now. When powered on it simply says "DRIVE BROKEN F3 00" and the ATTENTION and ERROR LEDS are lit. Any ideas or suggestions? Is it actially a shot drive?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: DAT 72x10 says "DRIVE BROKEN F3 00"

From www.hp.com/go/tape , find the link to "Library and Tape Tools", download that (it's free) and run diagnostics. If you can't figure out the results you see, generate a support ticket and post it here.

We like flawless. We're not so fond of BROKEN. :)
--
Liberty breeds responsibility; Government breeds dependence
Highlighted

I'm having the same problem. Basic diags for tape tools run fine. attempt to run a backup and the error returns. Help!
Highlighted

I started receiving the same message a few days ago. TapeTools shed no light on the problem. User guide says to power cycle the autoloader. That makes the message go away, for a little while, but the backup jobs are failing.
I put a brand new HP tape in one slot, after running a cleaning cartridge through, and after the "Drive Broken" message, it said it didn't recognize the cartridge.
At first I thought the job failures were due to bad tapes. I ran a clean, then ran a long erase on two tapes. BU Exec reported the long erases completed successfully, but no backup jobs have completed succecssfully since.
Does anyone have any answers?