StoreEver Tape Storage
1752661 Members
5667 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DAT72x10 SCSI Errors

KEITH BAJURA

DAT72x10 SCSI Errors

I am using the DAT72x10 along with Microsoft's DPM. I keep getting SCSI errors after a long backup to tape session. The drive continues to function but the autoloader is hung. It might even say rewinding for days. I need to actually pull the power in order to reset it. I have tried 4 different SCSI cards and am now using the HP Ultra 320 SCSI card now and I am still getting the problem. Any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2
D Wong
Regular Advisor

Hi Keith:

Are you running on Windows 2003 or Windows 2008?

For Windows 2003, you may need to do the registry hack for the storport.sys issue. There is an issue with tape backup failures when the version of the storport.sys driver is other than the version 5.2.3790.3959. If you have a version other than 5.2.3790.3959 then do the following registry hack.

1. Open Windows regedit.
2. Open the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\SCSI\\\Device Parameters\
3. Add a key named Storport under Device Parameters (if there is not one there already).
4. Add a key name called BusyRetryCount. The key type is REG_DWORD, and the value should be set to 4b hex (75 decimal).
5. Exit Regedit.
6. Reboot the server.

If you are running Windows 2008 with any version of the storport.sys driver, then change the BusyRetryCount to FA hex (250 decimal).

Dave W.
KEITH BAJURA

I actually have the same storport.sys driver that you mentioned. I still put the registry hack in to see if it helps.