StoreEver Tape Storage
1751975 Members
4986 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Data Express recovery problem

Tim Heutinck

Data Express recovery problem

Hi, one of my clients had a problem with their tape drive, and needed acces to some data stored on a tape. i have the same tape drive in my office (DAT 72 USB), so I took a spare computer and loaded Data Express 4 on it. when I tried to do a restore, I keep getting an ERROR 4 Invalid Handle? Any ideas what this error means and how to get around it?

Thanks
Tim
8 REPLIES 8
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

Tim Heutinck

Ok I installed the application, but when iI try to run it, I get a "C:\Program Filed\HP\Data Protector Express\V3.50-SP2\win\x86\dpwingad.exe" "This apllication has failed to start because the application configuration is incorret. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

I reinstalled the program and get the same error.

Tim
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

What OS are you working with ?

There is a .iso image file just make sure you install 3.5sp2

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=1144275тМй=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=1144272&taskId=135

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles
Tim Heutinck

I'm running windows XP pro. I will try downloading the iso image in the link and try it again.
Tim Heutinck

Ok I installed a newer version of XP Pro and the software runs now. I did a media import, but when I try to restore specific or very specific I get an Error 1037: Object is not active now.
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

Have you tried restoring to a different loacation ?

there is a move botton on restore I attacht a picture.

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles
Tim Heutinck

thanks. that was'nt the problem, but it helped make the light turn on. in the restore wizard, it was'nt letting me select the new system, only the customers, which is not online. i am making up a custom command to allow me to retore the entire drive. right now I am trying the Restore catalog, but that seems to be an import media command. if this is true, than I am going to try the restore media command.

again thanks
Kursat
Occasional Contributor

hi Tim Heutinck,

did you solve your problem?

i've the issue and could not avoid..

Kursat UGUROGLU