4057 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Data Protector 1041 error

Gregory Golofit
Occasional Contributor

Data Protector 1041 error

Hello;

I have problem with my Data Protector and HP StorageWorks 72 USB. After making backup I tried to recover some data from randomely chosen data cartriges from the set of 5. What I noticed is fact that I could restore data from the most recent data cartridge but after choosing the other one with data backed up earlier I get error 1041 incompatible media. So for example when I make backup on monday I can restore from this data cartridge on tuesday, wendsday and so on until I make backup on anather data cartridge. In this situation I can restore from this new filled data cartridge but get the error 1041 when I try to restore from the cartridge used on monday. I`ve created separate backup job for 5 day of week. After making backup on each day there is 1 data cartridge media associated with each backup job folder. This is my configuration:

OS Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition SP2

streamer: HP StprageWorks 72 USB
software: Data ProtectExpress 3.50
data cartidge: 5x HP DAT 72(C8010A)

Backup options:

backup type: FULL
overwrite, format media before backup, schedule options: on specific day: 11PM

I would appreciate any help as resolving this problem is very important for me.

Best Regards,
Gregory
2 REPLIES 2
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Hello Gregory,

By default, Data Protector Express will attempt to recover the latest version of a file. If you insert a tape other than the one containing the latest version it will reject it and ask for the tape containing the latest version.

To recover a previous version you need to tell the app which version to recover and then insert the tape containing that version. You do this by selecting the file in the recovery wizard and then clicking on the "version" icon (see attached screenshot). Then you'll see the versions of the file that can be recovered and the name of the tape that contains that version.

DL
Gregory Golofit
Occasional Contributor

Hello Dave,

Thanks a lot for Your advises which all were very helpful.

Best Regards
Gregory