StoreEver Tape Storage
1753758 Members
4575 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Data Protector error 1004

Albert Spek

Data Protector error 1004

I have Data Protecor 3.50sp2 running on a Novell 6.5 (with remote access on WinXP). After we changed the servername the backup shows a 1004 error.
I changed the NodeName in the dpconfig.ini into the new servername but we still have the wrong name in the selection.
You wrote to Edgardo (febr.2008) to set repairdatabase to Yes, but in my ini file (on the server) is no repairdatabase option.
Regards.
2 REPLIES 2
Albert Spek

Second: i removed the whole installation and started with a clean situation with the right server name.
The first testbackup i started, the # select objects found was 51113 (3.86Gb); The backup completed with 18537 objects (1.40Gb) and leaved the rest 'Not attempted'.
The second testbackup let the server crash: message: Break at A63232CF, Because of debug procedure. Current focus connector=00.
After restarting the server, backup jobs could be started but all objects come as 'Not attempted' and there was nothing written to tape. Warnings and errors: Error 1004: Invalid object ID
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

You might want to ask your question in the Data Protector forum, Management software > OV Omniback/Data Protector:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=251