1753434 Members
4708 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Data Protector Express 3.1 - Error 3013: Object is busy

Bulent Inan

Data Protector Express 3.1 - Error 3013: Object is busy

I'm just curious - couldnt find explicit information about:
I'm trying to backup an Exchange 2003 server machine. Actually that is Win2K3 server with Exchange 2003. But the storage folder is not getting backed, I get the following error:
Error 3013: Object is busy
I'm talking about like these open files:
priv1.edb
priv1.stm
bkp.ooo.dat

Can I backup online (open files) like these at all with this version of Data Protector Express ?

Thanks alot! I appreaciate your effort - a document/article to read online is a great help as well.
5 REPLIES 5
Adam Pearce
Advisor

Hi there,
I found this, don't know if it of any help but it refers to Data Protector Express (not the ProLiant version). Maybe somebody on here knows where to get the version talked about in this doc...

The benefits
Upgrading to Data Protector Express from Data Protector Express ProLiant Edition provides a range of additional benefits, which include network backup capability, online application backup, use of additional Media Servers, open file backup, Windows desktop backup, increased D2D backup capacity, D2D2T capability, use of the Bare Metal Disaster Recovery (BMDR) option, multiple parallel data streams, additional job scheduling options and support for tape devices and multi-drive devices.

Link (Page 8):
http://h71028.www7.hp.com/ERC/downloads/4AA0-6073ENW.pdf
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

You are getting these messages because DP Express is trying to backup the Exchange database files while Exchange is running.

You have two options. Either stop Exchange while you do the backup or purchase the HP the Data Protector Express Agent for Microsoft Exchange online backup (BB123AA). This option allows you to backup exchange files while Exchange is running.

If you are using the Single Server Edition that came with a tape drive you purchased you will also have to upgrade to the full commercial version (BB117AT).

Dave
bulent inan

Hi Dave,
thank you for your responce. I have Data Protector Express Single Server Edition. You can see below. I send you properties of licence. Do you think this licence is enough.
And if yes how I adjust the settings.

Edition:

Data Protector Express Single Server Edition

Serial Number

Date/Time license was created

Mon Nov 13th, 2006 11:22:46 AM
Supported Drives

HP, COMPAQ, Compaq

Edition Limitations

Edition Summary
Domain server platforms
Windows SBS
Maximum number of workstations
1 Maximum, 0 Used
Maximum number of servers
1 Maximum, 1 Used
Maximum number of systems
1 Maximum, 1 Used
Maximum media servers
1 Maximum, 1 Used
Maximum streams per device 4

Edition Options
Generic Media Server Option
1 Maximum, 1 Licensed, 1 Used
Tape Device Expansion Option
Unlimited, Unlimited Licenses, 1 Used
Virtual Device Expansion Option
Unlimited, Unlimited Licenses, 0 Used
Optical Device Option
Unlimited, Unlimited Licenses, 1 Used
Generic Disaster Recovery Option
Storage pool size (in GB)
36 Maximum, 36 Licensed, 0 Used
Parallel Data Streams Option

Media Server Platforms
Generic Media Server Option
1 Licensed, 1 Used, 0 Available

Supported Platforms
Generic System

Additional Options
Tape Device Expansion Option
Unlimited Licenses, 1 Used
Virtual Device Expansion Option
Unlimited Licenses, 0 Used
Optical Device Option
Unlimited Licenses, 1 Used
Generic Disaster Recovery Option
Storage pool size (in GB)
36 Licensed, 0 Used, 36 Available
Parallel Data Streams Option

D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

No. Data Protector Express Single Server Edition cannot backup Exchange files while Exchange is running. You have to stop the Exchange data store while the backup is running.

To do live Exchange backups you need to upgrade to the full product (SKU BB117ET) plus you need a license for the Exchange backup agent (BB123AA).

DL
Nicolai Teterev

Hi to all. Sorry for my english.
I have similar problems. I'm trying backup a server (Win2K3 server with SQL server 2K5). But i get the following error:
Error 3013: Object is busy Bkp: 00010003.wid
And this error appear not only for SQL Server but in another programs too (most important that this error appear for folder Windows\system32\)
Is anybody can say me what is wrong?

Other question: Is Data Protector backup all files? I was very surprised when made a test - cut folder and restore it from full backup and found that some files had not restored. I opened backup and saw that some files were not backuped. I looked in log file and could not find information about it. ( i used Data Protector Express 3.1 sp 2 (build 20357))
Is anybody know how to solve this issue?