David,

Thanks for trying.

The logs are on the way.

Best Regards

Andy
CA713937
Honored Contributor

Re: Data Protector Express 3.1 Sp4 inconsistent results

Thanks Andy, we should have these reviewed within a day.
The journey IS the reward.
mark davis_6

Hi Andy, I've been looking at those LTT event logs you sent. When you ran the autoloader assessment test, the LTO drive assessment test gets run as part of the autoloader assessment test. Prior to the drive assessment test portion beginning, a message box indicates to "use the front panel to load a tape into the drive before continuing". If the user doesn't do that, then the test will exit with the error you got which indicates that the drive assessment test timed out waiting for the tape load to complete.

It turns out that the LTO drive assessment test by itself requires the tape either be loaded or in the process of loading (then the timeout applies). However, when this test is embedded within the autoloader assessment test, this requirement is removed. This is because there is a usage model where the user will start the tape load from the autoloader front panel either before or after accepting the "use the front panel to load a tape into the drive before continuing" message, so then from the drive perspective the load hasn't actually begun. The downside of this is that if the user never does load the tape from the front panel when requested to do so, the test will fail in the way that you saw.

Let me know if you are able to run the test successfully by loading the tape through the autoloader front panel when requested, or perhaps there is some other issue. To load the tape using the front panel, the autoloader has to be first taken off-line (also using the autoloader front panel) and put back on-line after the move is complete.

thanks,
Mark

A Browne
Occasional Advisor

I think I got the test to run OK I will try posting the reports here again.

First one
A Browne
Occasional Advisor

Next set
A Browne
Occasional Advisor

And the last.

I hope they show a bit more.

Once again thanks for your assistance.

Regards