1748224 Members
4403 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Data Protector Express 3.5 SP2 Available

D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Data Protector Express 3.5 SP2 Available

Data Protector Express Version 3.5 Service Pack 2 update has been released and is now posted at http://hp.com/go/dataprotectorexpress. Use the links in the right-hand column to download either a full evaluation copy or SP2 update files.

Version 3.5 SP2 includes new features along with several bug fixes. The new features include:

- A new rotation scheme called "Daily Append" which provides a full backup on a specified day and incremental backups appended to the same tape set for the remaining days of the week, allowing backing up to a single tape set per week.

- An enhancement to the D2D2Any option that allows any backup job to create a copy to a second backup device, effectively creating D2Any2Any.

- The ability to automatically update agents on client systems from the backup server, eliminating the need to update all of the clients manually and insuring all clients are running the same release.

Full details of all new features and fixes are available in an addendum to the User Guide, included with the update.
8 REPLIES 8
JAllan
Advisor

For those wanting the DPE SSE Version 3.5 SP2 use the following url.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=1144275〈=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=1144272&taskId=135

Note: Dave L
This page below for DPE SSE could be a nice place to have the Software and Drivers... In the page below the link to Software and Drivers just returns "No Updates available".

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=3436879〈=en&cc=us

D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting the direct links.
John Courtman
Occasional Advisor

The Single Server Edition SP2 fixed USB drive not seen problem.

Windows 2000 Server SP4 installed Storageworks Internal USB DAT 72 as per instructions out of the box 6/DEC/2007

Drive seen by W2K, but only a Samsung CDR seen by DPX 3.5. Tried lots of things like USB drivers etc.

Did update with DPX 3.5 SP2 - now works a treat. 10/DEC/2007
Old VMS/Wintel bloke - not certified yet.
Grant Cohn
Occasional Advisor

Hi there

I have d/loaded this new version of DPX and want to ask if upgrading the server software is as simple as clicking on 'Upgrade'? Im just worried that the catalog / database and all my schedules will still be okay after the upgrade from Version 3.1 SP4? Can we do directly from 3.1 to 3.5 SP2.

I assume I'd upgrade the server first, and then all the clients after that?

Regards

Grant Cohn.
Grant Cohn
Occasional Advisor

Hi again....

Further to my question above, will the licence keys I have automatically be brought into the upgraded version of DPX?

Thanks

Regards
Grant Cohn
Shell & BP Oil Refineries
Durban
South Africa
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Yes,

Take the upgrade option and all of your catalog, settings, jobs, etc. will be maintained.

DL
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

And the keys also will be carried forward as part of the installation. When it gets to the key question it will already have your key entered in th field.

DL
geixer

Hi all,

The v3.1 was not working ok and I uninstalled it and installed the v3.5.

Now my license key from v3.1 does not work in the v3.5.

It will work if I reinstall now the v3.1, use my license key and upgrade to v3.5?

Where can I download the v3.1 of the Data Protector Express software?

Thanks!