1751859 Members
5609 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Data Protector Express 4.0 SP1

CAHRD
Occasional Contributor

Data Protector Express 4.0 SP1

Trying to recover some files from tape using HP 1x8 G2 Autoloader. I am trying to redirect the files to a different location using the "move" command.
I keep getting an Error 1405 No Compatible Device Found.
I have selected the correct version of the backup. I select the Autoloader as the device to restore from (Can't select storage slot), and it still gives the error (almost like the program can't find the correct tape).
I identified the media on the correct storage slot.
Any ideas?
Is there something I am missing.
8 REPLIES 8
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

Jason you need to highlight the file or folder you want to restore then press move, please attach the restore log

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles
CAHRD
Occasional Contributor

I have attached the logs. I selected a folder to move to another folder (Test recovery Folder) however I still get the error.

Thanks for your help
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

Jason looks like it doesnt find the hardware please call Tape Storage @ 800 633 3600 opt1 op2 say the shortcut LTO TAPE PROLAINT

Tape Storage supports both hardware and software.

Pablo Alvarado Siles

Pablo Alv Siles
CAHRD
Occasional Contributor

I have contact HP support and they have no come to a solution. I tried a reinstall of the backup software and tape loader.

I still get the 1405 No Compatible Device found. Does anyone have any ideas?
Martin Suchan
Occasional Contributor

Hi. I have the same library and the same soft. Could you tell me how can I cg├В┬┤hange the tapes and import them to the catalog? I have the problemthat after I has made the first backup and I change the tape the soft show me error 4467. This code is nowhere written. Please help. Samll manuall.

Pleeeeessssssss
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

whats the error code? start a new POST for this

The original problem was solved by selecting tape catridge on filters.

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles
ambar_kus

Trying to recover some files from DDS4 tape to my comp (the data was backed up from different server machine) using this soft, but always get the same error (log is attached). Please help how can I get the data? Thanks :)

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>(log is attached)

I don't see any attachments.  You may need to add a .txt suffix to your file.

Also, you can use the Post Options > Edit Reply to add an attachment to your existing post.