5347 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Data Protector Express 4.00-sp1 - Error 2

PatternPilot
Occasional Visitor

Data Protector Express 4.00-sp1 - Error 2

Hi

I'm using Data Protector Express 4.00-sp1 to backup our network from a Windows SBS 2003 server. I recently added two new Windows 7 machines to the network but all I get in the backup log for these machines is Error 2: End of data.

The DPE software on both the Win 7 PCs is set up the same as the other Win XP machines and I am able to select what I wan't to backup so it's not a connection problem.

Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4
XantenJB

Re: Data Protector Express 4.00-sp1 - Error 2

Hi,

I have the same problem with a single installation on Windows 2008 R2, does anybody know how to fix it?

Chris Sander

There's an identical post on this page which includes the fix.

You need to allocate a drive letter to the reserved disk space.

PatternPilot
Occasional Visitor

Yes, I saw that post but I didn't think that was the problem.

There are no partions on the server without a drive letter. Also, the software has been working fine for 2 years and still backs up the (win 2003) server and XP Pro clients daily. I only get this error when trying to backup 2 new Windows 7 clients.

However, the new Win 7 PC's are pre-configured Dells :smileysad: and do have one OEM partition I can't do anything with and another partition labeled RECOVERY to which I have now assigned a drive letter.

I'll check back later with the results.

PatternPilot
Occasional Visitor

OK, it all works now :smileyhappy: - Thanks for the prod Chris

So, a (any?) client with a partition but no drive letter can cause this problem.

Sorry Windows 7, I was blaming you :smileywink: