New Discussion юеВ

Re: Data Protector Express 4.00-sp1

Ramiro Abrahan

Data Protector Express 4.00-sp1

Hi.
When I try to backup anything on my computer, I have and error:
Error 2: End of data
A I can see, I├В┬┤m not the only one whohas tthe same problem

I can can format, check, eject tape without any problems.

Any suggestions?
10 REPLIES 10
king_william
Occasional Advisor

could you plz specify the error code on DPX
robopsi

I also get this message. I am running windows 7 64bit (with the windows 7 64bit tape drivers) and can easily format and erase tapes, just not put anything on them.

I cannot afford to purchase anything else at present and hope there is a solution. Attached is the log file from my latest attempt.

Help would be appreciated
Luc Minnaert
Respected Contributor

data protector express is another product than Data Protector !!!!!

├Г admit our marketing guys @ HP aren't the best with names but this question is not in the propper queue ;-)
robopsi

The subject at the top is "Data Protector Express 4.00-sp1" and my problem is with the express version as you would see in my attachment.

Anyway, do you have any ideas?
joseph wee

I am also having the exact same problem, running on the windows 2008 R2 64bit OS. It seems this problem is very similar to the Yosemite 8.1 problem that Dell Powervault users are having. I wonder whether they are the same software house.

Anyway does anyone have a solution?
robopsi

It would seem to be an issue with the drivers as i have tried trial versions of other backup software with no result, again i can format the tape and erase it, but not stick any data on it. tape diagnostics pass.

I think the 64bit drivers have a fault somehere in relation to the new windows series (windows 7, windows server 2008)

I am going to try and work out how to configure the drive in linux and see if i can get it to work that way. You would think that HP would actually test things? or maybe not...
robopsi

Maybe HP doesnt stand for hewlett packard anymore, may HP = Help Please?
joseph wee

I am going to test this on another machine running a 32bit windows 2008. I will post here if I get anything
joseph wee

Yes it works on windows server 2008 32 bit. I think it doesn't work on windows server 2008 r2 64bit... hmm I hope that they will release a patch one day...