1752795 Members
6072 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Data protector express lose media

Miguel Angel Alvarez Ro
Occasional Contributor

Data protector express lose media

A few months ago I reinstalled HP Data protector express to change language from english to spanish. A few days ago, after a system hang, HP DPX failed, and I could not be able to logon to the program, so I made a database repair (databaserepair=yes in dpconfig.ini); after doing that, I can logon to the program, but I needed to reinstall the license. Now the program works ok, but I have losed all my recent backup media. The program is showing me the media that I was using when the program was working in English, but the backup jobs are the more recent ones, not the english ones. Anybody knows how can I restore the more recent backup media? If I'm not able to get them back again I need to reformat all my media, and this is a big problem for us.
Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

Re: Data protector express lose media

Just perform an import media job.

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles
Miguel Angel Alvarez Ro
Occasional Contributor

"Pablo Alvarado Siles" says:

"Just perform an import media job."

Thank you. Of course this is the obvious answer, but the import media jobs are much time consuming tasks, and there're a lot of media. If this is the only way to do it, then I would prefer to go reformating media as the rotation backup job ask me for them; this way I'll only perform an import job if I need to make a restore.

I also tried to import the catalog from the last media backed up (since I also backup the catalog in all jobs), but it doesn't work too.

Any other idea different from importing or formating media?

JiriLundak

If you have catalog backed up, just import the newer media you have, restore catalog, and try run again DPX with databaserepair=yes in dpconfig.ini
I know that my reply comes too late, but maybe help to others...