StoreEver Tape Storage
1752795 Members
5862 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Data Protector Express - No Disiaster Recovery Image

Darren Trigg

Data Protector Express - No Disiaster Recovery Image

We have a simple network based on a Windows 2003 Server with Data Protector Express 3.10-SP1A and HP DAT 72 USB tape drive installed.
When we run the Disaster Recovery Wizard we can select the Machine and Optical Device.
When we place a blank DVD in the drive and press "Start Recording" it reports : "Allocating Media" followed by "Mounting Media" followed by "Allocating Image" followed by "Error - Code 1054 (0x41e) - No disaster recovery image".
The expanded error message is as follows :
Data Protector Express has encountered the following error: DBERR_NO_DR_IMAGE. Please make a note of this error. To locate additional information about this error, you may search our Knowledge Base at http://www.hp.com/go/dataprotectorexpress/support.

We have tried different optical devices and different blank DVDs without success.

We have not been able to find any direct help within the support forums.

Can you please provide us with some direction on the correction of this error.

Yours sincerly,

Darren Trigg
11 REPLIES 11
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Hi Darren,

Here are a couple of suggestions.

1. First, I hate to always say this but go to http://hp.com/go/dataprotectorexpress and get the upgrade to Service Pack 4 (SP4). Earlier versions, ESPECIALLY 1a, have some problems with DR. When you install SP4 be sure to select the UPGRADE option in the setup GUI so that all of your existing jobs and configurations are maintained.

2. After you have upgraded to SP4, run a full backup and make sure you have the DR options selected. When you set up the job, on the options screen (where you select things like Full or Incremental, Overwrite or append) click on the button labled "Advanced Options". There make sure the 2 DR related boxes are checked. After the backup is complete try to create the DR CD again.

Dave L

RW Black

Select save to file. This will create an iso file. Then use any standard CD-DVD writing package to create a DVD from the ISO file (I use Roxio Easy CD)
Darren Trigg

Thank you for your replies.

As suggested we have updated Data Protector Express to 3.1 SP4 (26718) and repeated the backup process with both DR check boxes selected.
The activity log reports "Error 85: Registry Operation Failure. The disaster recovery information could not be updated for the host SERVER."
DPE was installed when logged on as the Administrator and all tests have been conducted while logged on as the Administrator.
We have read about Error 85 on other parts of the forum, however, none appear to align with our situation.
Do you have any further suggestions ?
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Darren,

Are you running Win X64 or on an X64 machine?
Darren Trigg

Dear Dave,

Thank you for the interest in our problem.

We are running MS Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition (32 bit)- Build 3790 (SP1) with automatic updates checked daily.

Darren Trigg
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Every time I've run into Error 85 before it has been one of the following:

- x64 Windows
- not enough free memory
- not enough free disk space
- permissions issue (someone w/o Admin rights installed DP Express)

Since you say none of these apply I'll do some more checking and see what I can find.

Dave

Mark Worsdall

I am having same problems.

This is on an HPDL380 G4 Xeon with Dataexpress 3.10-sp3

Could not upgrade to sp4 due to the download file reporting a missing file.

BUT Desperate to make a DR CD.

1054 No disastor revovery image.

Data Protector Express has encountered the following error: DBERR_NO_DR_IMAGE. Please make a note of this error. To locate additional information about this error, you may search our Knowledge Base at http://www.hp.com/go/dataprotectorexpress.
Darren Trigg

I have found time to do some more testing.
We installed DPE on a Windows XP workstation with some success. Even without the service pack and hot fix update we could 1) update the disaster recovery information 2)create a disaster recovery file (from which we could use other tools to make a bootable CD).
We did not have any success creating bootable media using our new HP DAT72 USB tape drive.
We uninstalled DPE on our Windows 2003 SBS and then reinstalled it (including the service pack and hot fix update).
It still reports "Error 85: Registry Operation Failure. The disaster recovery information could not be updated for the host" when we flag this option in a basic backup job. As a result we are also unable to run the disaster recovery CD wizard because there is no image (Data Protector Express has encountered the following error: DBERR_NO_DR_IMAGE. Please make a note of this error. To locate additional information about this error, you may search our Knowledge Base at http://www.hp.com/go/dataprotectorexpress.).
We also wish to note that the D: partition which DPE is installed on in the server has ~ 13Gb of free space. The server is an Intel box with Intel hardware Raid (Mirror) using 2 x SCSI HDDs.

At this stage we do not have anything else to try.

Darren Trigg

PS

Is there an alternate basic HP product for bare metal disaster recovery and backup for a single server environment ?
ChrisFowler

I am also experiencing this error, Brand new HP ML350, Server 2003 32bit, with Data Protector Express 3.5.
Same administrator with same rights and permissions and plenty of free space. If this continues to happen and the level of support for this product is these forums then I may have to go back to using NT backup.