108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Data Protector Express SSE - Disaster Recovery backup error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Elad Nehama

Data Protector Express SSE - Disaster Recovery backup error

Greetings,

I am using Data Protector Express Single Server Edition (3.10, sp4) to back my server. However, when I backup, Error 5023 "Get/Set Server Info Failure" (The boot track for the host could not be written to Media)appears under "Disaster Recovery". And so, it skips a large amount of files.
I have searched the forums for a solution with no luck, anyone knows what could be the cause and/or solution to this error?

Thanks,
Elad
6 REPLIES 6
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor
Solution

The error message is reporting that it was unable to write the boot track to the tape.

We usually see this error if you are running Vista or a x64 OS (either Windows or Linux) because of differences in the boot track and registry.

Version 3.5 SP2 fixes he problem for x64 Windows and Linux but not Vista. BMDR/OBDR is not supported on Vista at this time.

What operating system are you using?

DL
Elad Nehama

Dave,

Thank you for the response,
The operating system is Windows 2003 Small Business server edition. However, it isn't a 64 bit edition but a "normal" 32. is there a possibility it is the same problem as vista?

Elad
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Hmm. It shouldn't be happening with that version of Windows.

There are some files that can help. Run a backup and after it fails go to the folder /Program Files/HP/Data PRotector Express/log and zip up all the files containing the word "trace" in the name and post it here.

DL
Elad Nehama

Dave,

Here are the files, hoping it will help solve the mystery...

Elad
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

The zip file seems to have been damaged in the upload. When we try opening the logs we get the message "Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive".

Could you email them to ltt.team@hp.com instead?

Add a note that they are for me, Dave Lancaster.

Thanks.
Elad Nehama

Dave,

I've sent the file to the address you've mentioned. Is it still damaged?

Elad