Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataProtector 5.5 Schedule Question

Highlighted
Advisor

DataProtector 5.5 Schedule Question

Hi Forums,

I'm currently evaluating DataProtector 5.5 (6.0 is a no-go because NT 4.0 Clients are no longer supported) and I have a question regarding the Backup Specifications.

We're used to having 4 Pools (Free Pool, Daily, Weekly and Monthly). We try to adopt the configuration of DP to our understandings, which worked fine until we tried to solve one problem:

Is it possible to have a single Backup specification linked to different pools? What I try to do is something like this:

--
-full
-protection -weeks 26
-pool monthly
-starting 22 11 2006
-every
-4day Sat
-at 11:00

-incr 1
-protection -weeks 8
-pool weekly
-starting 01 11 2006
-every
-day Sat

-incr 1
-exclude
-4day Sat

-incr
-protection -weeks 2
-pool daily
-every
-day Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
-at 20:00
--

The schedule works fine except for the keyword "pool" which would be my understanding of creating a reference between the backup level and the media pool.

Sure, its possible to create 3 backup jobs and maintain them identical, referencing to 3 different schedules - but that is quite complicated when it comes to changes and additions - you always have to change all 3 definitions accordingly.

Perhaps someone has an idea, or even a hint where to find a document that describes the parameters possible in the schedule-files. Sadly, the CLI documentation does not cover this file.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Roland
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: DataProtector 5.5 Schedule Question

No idea, anyone?
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: DataProtector 5.5 Schedule Question

As this hasn't changed with DP 6.0, are there any news regarding DP 6.1?

Is a reference to a pool/protection in the schedule available?

I'm still having to have 4 identical configurations except for the Level, Pool and Protection time with DP 6.0