StoreEver Tape Storage
1752743 Members
4736 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: disconnecting and reconnecting the HP Storage Works Ultrium 215 LTO1 eternal tapedrive

Vendra Elliot

disconnecting and reconnecting the HP Storage Works Ultrium 215 LTO1 eternal tapedrive

are there any special functions to carry out in order to disconnect and reconnect the HP Storage Works Ultrium 215 LTO1 eternal tapedrive?
6 REPLIES 6
Eemans Dany
Honored Contributor

Re: disconnecting and reconnecting the HP Storage Works Ultrium 215 LTO1 eternal tapedrive

Hi,

Not to my knowledge, besides powering of the device and the server connected to.

When reconnecting to another server, check that the SCSI card is supported and the proper scsi is set.

Dany
Vendra Elliot

thanks for your reply.

I connected the drive but the tape keeps popping out when i click on the date that shows up on the NTbackup. do i have to assign the tape in any special way.

will it be possible for me to restore the tape that was backup on a Dell R710 to the HP RX2600 ITANIUM server?
AnthonySN
Respected Contributor

>>there any special functions to carry out in order to disconnect and reconnect the HP Storage Works Ultrium 215 LTO1 eternal tapedrive?

no if its again connected to the same server.
normal procedure is poweroff the lto drive after server shutdown and while powering it back, it sud be drive first and then server.

>>will it be possible for me to restore the tape that was backup on a Dell R710 to the HP RX2600 ITANIUM server?.

if its the same OS it should be fine.
Vendra Elliot

the tape keeps popping out on the restore. are there any special function to check other than the date for the restore
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

will it be possible for me to restore the tape that was backup on a Dell R710 to the HP RX2600 ITANIUM server?

Unlikely, IMHO impossible because of different architecture.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Vendra Elliot

what is imho