1752785 Members
5953 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL320s G1 + SC11Xe HBA + Autoloader

BHarned
Occasional Advisor

DL320s G1 + SC11Xe HBA + Autoloader

Connecting new autoloader (tandberg) to server to replace old, failed one. Server boots and recognizes tape drive but not robotics.

Unit is SCSI-0 and it uses LUN IDs for the two devices, tape drive is LUN-0, robotics is LUN-1.

I can't seem to find where to configure the HBA to scan past LUN-0. Entering configuration during boot only gives me options for some "One-touch backup..." and chaging the HBA SCSI ID.

Latest BIOS and drivers are installed.
4 REPLIES 4
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

Make sure autoloader mode or behaivur or change mode is set RANDOM

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles
BHarned
Occasional Advisor

Actually I started recieving an error on the autoloader and was deemed DOA by tech support.

I have a new one on the way so we'll see if this issue continues.
Dennis Engel

I have the same probleme with Quantum Superloader3 DLT-V4. This is what I├В┬┤ve got form the Support:

Product Line:
DLT / Windows 2008 / SuperLoader /

Symptom:
SuperLoader3 VS160 Changer is not shown in Windows 2008 Device Manager when SuperLoader3 is connected with SCSI Ultra320 HBA. It only shows the VS160 tape drive. During POST the SCSI HBA detects both the VS160 tape drive and the SuperLoader3. However, Windows 2008 Device Manager does not discover the SuperLoader3. ISV applications are not able to properly configure and access the library.

Cause:
With Windows 2008 the Ultra320 SCSI HBAs i.e. Adaptec 39320A utilized Microsoft STORport driver. The STORport driver issues a REPORT_LUNS and assumes the target device supports HISUP or a hierarchal reporting format (defined in SAM SCSI specification). However, the VS160 tape drive does not claim support for HISUP and uses a non-hierarchal reporting format, therefore the Operating System ignores the LUN attached library. The Adaptec Ultra160 HBA, on the other hand, utilizes the SCSIport driver which checks standard inquiry data from each attached target for HISUP support and will scan all LUNS if the target does NOT advertise support for HISUP. Since the STORport driver does not employ the same logic as the SCSIport driver, it fails to recognize the library as a valid target. Problem does not occur with other tape devices in the SuperLoader 3 (only the V4 and VS160 drives do not support HISUP). Problem does not occur with Windows 2003. Problem does NOT occur with 160 SCSI HBAs. Ref PCR18020
Action

Options: - Switch to Windows 2003 which uses SCSIport driver with SCSI Ultra320 HBAs - Switch to Ultra160 SCSI HBA using SCSIport driver

---

Where can I configure the HBA to speed down from U320 to U160?

Best regards,

Dennis
BHarned
Occasional Advisor

So not sure if it was the reason for my original difficulty, but the autoloader was determined to be defective. I recived a new on and it is working perfect.