5385 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DP Express 3.5 SP2 - backing up another server

damiri
Regular Advisor

DP Express 3.5 SP2 - backing up another server

Hello

I am doing first installation of DP. It runs on server itself but I want to backup another file system on another server and we purchased Client Backup Agent for this. How to install client or how this works on DP since I wasn't able to find it in documentation? It must be easy since I wasn't able to find it :-) ...

Damir
1 REPLY 1
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Re: DP Express 3.5 SP2 - backing up another server

Hello Damir,

Happy to help. Actually the steps are quite easy.

First you have to have the full Data Protector Express (SKU BB117) not the Single Server Edition that comes bundled with HP tape drives.

Next you need the network cleint backup agent license (which you already have purchased). You will need to follow the instructions and register the license to get a license key. Add this license key to your backup server. Run the GUI and select "Help", then "Licenses", then "New" from the menu.

After you have added the license, install Data Protector Express on the client machine but instead of "Creating" a backup domain as you did with the initial install, "Join" this machine to the existing backup domain.

Full instructions are in Tutorial 1 that is installed in the Data Protector Express "docs" directory.

DL