StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPE 6.0 Basic problem

Occasional Visitor

DPE 6.0 Basic problem

During the setup process for Data protector express I am not able to choose custom rotation type – the only options I have are: No rotation; Simple and Daily Append.

In user manual:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&lang=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=101&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=1144272

I read that there is a possibility to create my own rotation type and set the needed amount of sets I have. Currently I have 14 tapes (4 daily, 4 weekly and 6 monthly).

How is it possible to do this? Even in 3.5 version I am able to select custom rotation but not in v.6.0.

was it intentionally that HP took out this feature or I just don't know where to find this feature? 

Please help me.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: DPE 6.0 Basic problem

hi Ajgarsa,

the feature you are talking about is not taken out but it is seen that a pirticular version of install files have some issue. Try to download a fresh version and install it and you should be able to see all the features

Regards

Raj

How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

How do I know what to download? i downloaded the latest version available from the HP site - what could be different if I do it now?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

hi,

I cannot confirm which pirticular version is having the issue or why but can tell you that downloading and installing the new version from the link below will help you in addressing the issue you are facing. We had the same issue and was fixed the same way.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=1144272&swItem=co-98929-1&prodNameId=5171308&swEnvOID=4048&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=0

Regards

Raj

How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!