StoreEver Tape Storage
1752277 Members
4664 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DPE, OFM and Error 3013: Object is busy

Edward Pas

DPE, OFM and Error 3013: Object is busy

We have data protector express 3.50 sp2 with open file manager 9.4 each running on 2 servers (win 2003 and 2000 sp4). The second server (win 2000 sp4) gets several error 3013 even with open file manager running. They are mostly open database files (not sql). How can I fix this?
3 REPLIES 3
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

A bit of quick background info. The Win2003 server is not a problem because Data Protector Express is using Win2003 VSS to create a snapshot and then backs up the snapshot. Open File Manager (OFM) is needed on the Win2000 box because Win2000 doesn't have anything like VSS.

That said, if the database isn't SQL, the problem is in OFM, which is actually from St. Bernard Software and merely resold by HP. The only thing you can do is work with either the DB software or St. Bernard to see if they have a setting that will ensure that your database files are closed when they are backed up.

DL
Edward Pas

The server is Win 2000 (sp4). DPE/OFM act like they are connectiong to a network client. Even though I have excluded several files from the correct server, the software is not recognizing it. It puts network in front of the file location (network/server/filenames). When I browse for the location, this does not occur. Full versions of each are on each of the servers.
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

I thik it will be faster to contact support directly for help. They are better able to help evaluate logs and error messages than working through this forum.

DL