cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPX Service crashes on Win 2008 Server SP1

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

DPX Service crashes on Win 2008 Server SP1

After running successfully on the host for a number of months, our installation of DPX on a Win 2008 SP1 server refuses to run. The "Data Protector Express" windows service crashes within 10 seconds of it being started.

The version of DPX is 4.0, build 39702

This server is not the DPE domain server, it is, for lack of a better term, a "member server". It's role is a SQL Server and we use an licensed DPX Application Agent along with a licensed DPX Network Agent to facilitate the use of DPX.

A number of SQL services (Integration and Reporting) have recently been added which is the "what has changed" part. The installation of the SQL Reporting Services required the installation of IIS 7 on the box as well

Specific events in the System Event log are:

Just before the event 7034 that announces the DPX service has "terminated unexpectedly" there is an event 26 "Application Popup: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: Runtime Error! on Program: C:\P... (yes, that's all it says for the program)

Specific events in the Applications Event log are:

Event 1000: "Faulting application dpwinsdr.exe, version 4.0.39702.0, time stamp 0x4835ef67, faulting module dpwinsdr.exe, version 4.0.39702.0, time stamp 0x4835ef67, exception code 0x40000015, fault offset 0x000033cd, process id 0x121c, application start time 0x01cb2ec64b0f6fd4."

I have already uninstalled DPX from the server, restarted the server, and reinstalled DPX.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: DPX Service crashes on Win 2008 Server SP1

Please could a forum moderator respond to this query....

When I posted entries for DPX on this forum a few months back I was told that "Management software and system tools > Data Protector" was the wrong forum and my query was moved to "Storage > Tape Devices".

This one I posted to "Storage > Tape Devices" and it has been moved to "Management software and system tools > Data Protector"

Which is the correct forum for queries on HP's Data Protector Express software?
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: DPX Service crashes on Win 2008 Server SP1

Hi,
Thanks for participating in HP Forums!

It is indeed the correct category related to Data Protector Express Software.

Thanks & Regards,
Rashmi
Thanks,
Rashmi
Forum Moderator