StoreEver Tape Storage
1753731 Members
4508 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Emulex driver does not have resetTPRLO set?

Daniel_T
Occasional Contributor

Emulex driver does not have resetTPRLO set?

I'm using an MSL4048 tape library with one FC drive, with microsoft Data Protection Manager 2007. I'm getting I/O bus resets in my backup software, so I ran the L&TT diagnostic and it warned me that:
1) Emulex driver does not have resetTPRLO set
2) High polling rates on the SCSI bus

For #1, I found the registry setting to change the resetTPRLO setting, but I don't know what to change it to, and it suggested I ask my hardware vendor.

So, what should this variable be set to?

2 REPLIES 2
MWills
Valued Contributor

Re: Emulex driver does not have resetTPRLO set?

Im not pretty sure, but maybe this can help you>

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Storage_Foundation_for_Windows/277574.pdf

gl
If the flop doesn't fit... go allin!!!
meloni
Honored Contributor

Re: Emulex driver does not have resetTPRLO set?

just start the emulex lpntutil and go through the gui, you will see all the registry settings, there you can change the value that will be automaticaly set in the registry.
This value prevent the FC HBA to issue some scsibus reset that can cause backup failure.
High polling rates: this is usualy cause by the OS, (W2K3) you should stop RSM service, load the latest LTO driver (HPLTO.SYS) and you will found in that drive bundle a reg key patch, run it and it will set the righ reg key in the registry that will prevent the driver to send out TUR every seconds

-M
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)