cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1401 Alert : please insert compatible media

Highlighted

Error 1401 Alert : please insert compatible media

Hi

I am using HP DL 580 Server . I have installted RHEL AS 4 . I connected with HP 1/8 Autoloader LTO2 Backup device . Backup software i am using is HP Data Proctector Single Express edition SPV4 . Now I was not able to take the oracle backup in my autoloader . I am totally confused attachement enclosed

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Error 1401 Alert : please insert compatible media

Vi. what DPE are you using 3.1 or 3.5?, on the other hand, how is the media being selected? and also where is the new media located?.
This 1401 error, is simple to solve. look at the above first.
Then go through your job. are you formatting new media or all media no nothing at all? recommend to format all media.
Then are you overwriting?
How is your schedule, the rotation, as if you are using a complex rotation you may be in need of having a media pool for your job.

regards
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Hi Vijay

While creating the backup job, in the device tab you have to assign the device and the media instead of All device available and specify the media you want this backup job has to use.

Hope this will help
Regards

Raj

How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!
Highlighted

Hi All

Thanks for your response . Still i am facing the same problem. I am inserting all the media in the autoloader . I am using only one media in the autoloader.

Thanks & Regards
R.Vijayanand
Highlighted

Hi All

Thanks for your response . Still i am facing the same problem. I am not inserted all the media in the autoloader . I am using only one media in the autoloader.

Thanks & Regards
R.Vijayanand
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Vijay,

Can you post a screenshot of the schedule page of the job specifications?

DL