StoreEver Tape Storage
1751967 Members
4700 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error 4462: The media was not prepared for boot with HP's One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) soluti

SOLVED
Go to solution
DavidALines
Advisor

Error 4462: The media was not prepared for boot with HP's One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) soluti

I am running a brand new server 2003 R2 patched server. The server is a ML350 G5

With
Data protector 3.50 sp2
bare metal disaster recovery
exchange agent
open file agent

I am doing a full backup of the server including data protector express, system files, and data files.

I have checked under options, advanced options,
create dr bootable media
update dr information on selected server

I am using a HP LTO Ultrium 3 tape drive with HP tapes.

I have done several complete backups to different tapes and get this error every time

If I try and create a disaster recovery CD I get the error
No disaster recovery image could be located

Why is this so difficult?
44 REPLIES 44
ChrisFowler

Re: Error 4462: The media was not prepared for boot with HP's One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) soluti

Yep same problem here.
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

What OS are you running?
DavidALines
Advisor

brand new server 2003 R2 patched server
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

32 Bit or 64 Bit?
DavidALines
Advisor

Sorry - 32 bit.
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Hmm. Should work. It appears that it's hanging up getting the boot informaion from the internal SCSI or SATA array. I'll have to do some research.

DL

D Lancaster
Honored Contributor
Solution

David,

Can you do a test for me?

Try to create the DR CD again. If it fails, capture all the files in the folder C:\Program Files\HP\Data Protector Express\log and zip them up and email them to me at ltt.team@hp.com with a subject line of "Files for Dave Lancaster"

Thanks.

DavidALines
Advisor

I have attached the file drwntmp.zip to am email to you with a subject of
threadid=1195134
Thank you
D Wong
Regular Advisor

Hi David:

To understand why you are getting Error 4462, you need to attach the entire contents of the Data Protector Express log directory. Please attach your winzip log directory to this thread.

The dptrace.* files will show additional information on why you are not able to create an OBDR boot tract on your tape cartridge.