New Discussion юеВ

Evaluation Period expired

Michael Hildreth
Occasional Contributor

Evaluation Period expired

Hello

I have a copy of Data Protector express 4
(with sp1 installed)

I have been running this software since late last year..I did reinstall it a few months ago due to server issues and i think that has probably caused my problem.

I am getting the message your evualuation period for the software has expired please contact your reseller

The strange thing is under licences in the cataloge , all licenced are present and listed as ACTIVE.

I am unsure how to proceed , My calls to the HP callcenter are currently being met with 'Due to emergency prodecures , your call is unable to proceed , please call again later' ..so they are lot a lot of help right now..
4 REPLIES 4
Michael Hildreth
Occasional Contributor

Re: Evaluation Period expired

nevermind , i have resolved the issue.
GROSS Alain
Occasional Contributor

I have the same problem and i did solve the problem by deleting and reinstalling the key. but it is only a temporary solution. the system restart complaining about licence after a reboot.
Andr├й Noordermeer
Frequent Advisor

When I installed my copy I got 2 license keys.
One was the normal permanent one. The other opens the package for 30 days to evaluate all features, including backup through agents, etc.
The second one ran out, so I got this same message. By deleting the corresponding key I got rid of the msg's and normal processing works ok to this day. Not the extra functionality of course.
Are you sure you removed this "trial" key?
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

When you install DPE 4.0 it installs with 2 trial licenses 1 of them is the actual trial license while the other one is a temporary base license so when you get the permanent license by following this http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storage/software/datapexp/sse/register.html

you get the permanent SSE license but the trail license reamins, if you dont delete this trail license after 60 days then DPE wont work until you delete it.

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles