1752805 Members
5332 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Exporting tape from HP Surestore C9264CB fails

John Rowan_2
Regular Advisor

Exporting tape from HP Surestore C9264CB fails

Using the front LCD / control panel I tried exporting any of the 5 tapes I have in the C9264CB (slots 1-3 empty) but the unit ends up with a NOT READY error (red light on). I also tried importing a tape to an empty slot but same failure. The front door does not open. I ran diagnostics and it went through 4 cycles successfully before I stopped it. Do I have to take it all apart to observe it with the cover off to see why import / export fails?
5 REPLIES 5
ColH
Advisor

John,

Could you backup software be locking the library from control by operator control panel? I have seen this with Backup Exec for Windows.

Colin
John Rowan_2
Regular Advisor

No, I use simple

tar -zcvf /dev/st0 /directorytobackup

command. I have interacted with the changer to load and unload tapes from the carousel into the tape drive successfully. It's only when I use the front control panel to try to import or export do I get the failure. I've tried with the Linux server turned on and off, same failures.

I press the enter button, get COMMAND, select EXPORT and tape # to export, the LCD goes to PREPOSITIONING, then to INITIALIZING, back to PREPOSITIONING briefly then ERROR! Code: A4
I have to cycle power to do anything after that as using the LCD produces NOT READY error.
ColH
Advisor

John,

It definately would suggest a fault at library end then.

looking at the newer autoloaders 1/8 I found this

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=3319912&prodTypeId=12169&objectID=c01487838

Colin
ColH
Advisor

John, More info for you about error.

"A4 Mail slot position error The mail slot door was not in the requested position during device operation. Can be caused by manually opening the door or a cartridge or other obstruction is blocking the door. Try removing the cartridge or obstruction, then power cycle or reset the autoloader. "

taken from http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=327382&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=327382&objectID=lpg75116

Colin
John Rowan_2
Regular Advisor

Took the cover off, saw that the door was on an angle. Had to remove one of the cartridges from the carousel and pull the power cord when the empty position was at the door so I could get my fingers in there to reseat the door. Once the door was correctly in it's track the error went away. I guess I created the problem when I moved the robot recently and failed to observe the warning about having the drive in a position other than level.

Thanks for your help and Happy New Year.