1752261 Members
5026 Online
108785 Solutions
New Discussion

Help finding a replacement power supply for StorageWorks 1/8 G2

BoomSchtick
Occasional Advisor

Help finding a replacement power supply for StorageWorks 1/8 G2

I have looked high and low for a replacement power supply for this library.  The parts list is here, but 237857-001 is the part number for a desktop power supply and not a 1u tape autoloader.  I can't find a single reference to a power supply that looks like the attached image (taken by me).

I was hoping that crowd sourcing on this forum would help me find a replacement part.

Thanks everyone!

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Help finding a replacement power supply for StorageWorks 1/8 G2

There are only 2 types of spare parts for the device: the drive and the complete chassis including power supply. No single spare part for the power supply only.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
BoomSchtick
Occasional Advisor

Re: Help finding a replacement power supply for StorageWorks 1/8 G2

Crap... is that HP's idea of "modular?"

"Modular in construction, the 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader has easily replaceable components minimizing the Mean-Time-to-Repair on the unit. Replaceable components include the tape drive, the magazines, and the chassis (includes robot, power supply, and controller board). HP Library and Tape Tools (L&TT) provides easy access to the 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader error log, generates support tickets, and enables firmware downloads. L&TT can be downloaded for free at:http://www.hp.com/support/tapetools"