1752815 Members
5936 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP 1/8 Autoloader 960 not switching tapes

Darwin Laforteza
Occasional Contributor

HP 1/8 Autoloader 960 not switching tapes

I'm currently using a HP 1/8 Autoloader 960 on a Windows 2003 server and using HP Data Protector Express 3.5 SP2. We recently had the drive replaced and now our backups are not completing. I've checked the logs in DPX, but there is no information recorded even though I have it set to "log all". Also, I have checked for alerts but there are none listed

What appears to be happening is that when the backup job gets to the Data Protector Express catolog, it stops running.

Our backups span 2 tapes because the data we are backing up can't be compressed. We are a civil engineering firm.

Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
thomasr
Respected Contributor

This is probably as simple as this -- when you switched drives, the backup software "lost" the target device because the drive's serial number changed. Perform discovery again, and set the target of your backup jobs to the newly discovered device and you should be fine.
--
Liberty breeds responsibility; Government breeds dependence
Rajanikant
Trusted Contributor

hi,

In the Device tab of your DPX GUI, under server name-->devices, there will be the list of devices listed. Select the entry of the old Tape drive( will be there with a yellow mark)delete it there

Then go to job status, select the backup job --> Properties --> device/media window --> under tape drives, you should be able to see the New tape drive, select only that drive and select OK

This should help resolve

Rajanikant