StoreEver Tape Storage
1752772 Members
5001 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP 1/8 Ultrium 232 Tape Autoloader - 1 catrgidge

HP 1/8 Ultrium 232 Tape Autoloader - 1 catrgidge

Dear all,

I am having HP 1/8 Ultrium 232 Tape Autoloader, i am not able to load more then one catridge online in symantec backup exec 11d . Can anyone please tell me, how can i make more then 1 catridge online at a time in autoloader.

Thanks and Regards.
4 REPLIES 4
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Maybe I don't understand your question ... but this device has only 1 drive!

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Honored Contributor

it is autoloader and capable of loading 8 Cartridge Slots. But has one driver. So that you have to read write 2 cartridges at the same time ? or just load more than 1 cartridge?
if you are not able to load more than 1 cartridge , what is problem exactly ?? tray cannot close or open or ejected cartridges if they are more than one ? please be more specific. .

Dear Guys,

To be more specific, I have HP 1/8 232 Tape Autoloader configured to be used with Symantec Backup Exec 11d. Autoloader is connected to my PC which is having symantec backup Exec 11d installed in it. In symantec Software i see HP Autoloader Tape device in Device option. but i can see only 1 catridge/Tape online, i have inserted 2 catridges inside. It shows only 1 Catridge online rest all catridges it is showing offline. I want all of them to be online at same time , so i can create backup plan to use all catridges. Please advice.
OldSchool
Honored Contributor

I see nothing in you situation remotely related to HP-UX.

Knowing nothing of Backup Exec, I'd suspect that it's showing only the tape in the (single) drive. As to how you do what you want to do, or even if it is possible, I'd suggest the following resources: the manual / docs accompanying the software and any supported device notes, Symantec, a PC-centric forum, or perhaps the forum dedicated to Backup Exec at Backupcentral:

http://www.backupcentral.com/phpBB2/two-way-mirrors-of-backup-central-mailing-lists-4/symantec-backup-exec-8/