1748279 Members
4222 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Autoloader and Data Protector Express Software Single Server Edition

rocknolds
Occasional Contributor

HP Autoloader and Data Protector Express Software Single Server Edition

HP StorageWorks 1/8 G2 LTO-3 Ultrium 920 SCSI Tape Autoloader AH165A + HP LTO3 Ultrium 800GB RW data cartridge Tape Media (8 tapes)were all successfully installed and configured.

I have just installed and registered the HP Data Protector Express Software Single Server Edition CD that came along with the autoloader.

We need to regularly back up our approximately 8TB of data located locally on the server where the autoloader and data protector express software single server edition were connected and installed.

For example we need to back up the data twice a month across the 8 tapes and must be done on a Sunday.

How will I do this? If somebody can give me a simple and straight forward steps in going through with this, it's really appreciated.

Thanks,
Reynaldo
1 REPLY 1
Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

Re: HP Autoloader and Data Protector Express Software Single Server Edition

Hi Reynaldo,

I was previously working with openview data protector at my old job and now in my new office these guys have bought data protector express, trust me this one is much more of a crap. I have a 4048 library that all of the itrc gurus are unable to add to the data protector express. I dont understand that just to produce a new product why do the developers forget that they just made something that is worst than the older one. This goes true for Windows Vista and for the Data Protector Express.
Evil Has Its Winning Ways