1753516 Members
5359 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Autoloader problem

Gabbie

HP Autoloader problem

Hi,

I connected an HP Storageworks 1/8 autoloader to a Windows 2003 Server machine. This is showing up as Unknown Medium Changer in Device Manager. There seems to be no driver for this in the HP website. Has anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
thomasr
Respected Contributor

Have you tried it with a backup application? The interface to these small tape library/autoloader products seems to be generic enough that "unknown medium changer" seems to be enough to get the job done well.

Let me know if you have problems using it from the backup application.

And, I guess I should note that: the native NT Backup does *not* support autoloaders or librarys. You'll need a product like HP's Data Protector or Data Protector Express (or a host of 3rd-party applications, but you probably have an included license for HP Data Protector Express Single Server Edition) that does know how to work with a changer or robot.
--
Liberty breeds responsibility; Government breeds dependence
Rajanikant
HPE Pro

Hi,

Robot driver showing as " Unknown medium changer" is fine and you should not have any problem using the aytoloader. That is not a problem and you can ignore it. Are you able to use the Autoloader ?

For DP and DP Express the drivers running is fine. If you are using Symentec Backup applications(Veritas), you will have to use the drivers provided by them

Rajanikant
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo