1752798 Members
5964 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Data Protector Express 3.5

Sasuke Itachi
Occasional Contributor

HP Data Protector Express 3.5

i have installed the HP Data Protector Express 3.5 successfully and connected the HP DAT160 properly.
Software and Driver all installed properly.
But in the HP Data Protector Express, the HP DAT160 Tape Device is always showing Invalid - Device not ready.
This causing the backup cannot be done correctly and shown error 1401 - Pls insert a compatible media.
i have attached one of the backup job screen shot.
hope someone can help me out.
5 REPLIES 5
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

Sasuke you need to use you sharingan lol

Media has already a name and it is specified for a job already I recomend you to do a Run Repeatedly job with NO ROTATION

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles
Sasuke Itachi
Occasional Contributor

haha.. Sorry i didnt use Sharingan because i am running out of Chakra. Maybe i should use Mangekyou Sharingan next time.
Sasuke Itachi
Occasional Contributor

Dear TapeDrive Killer,

i faced another problem after i perform a specific backup.

error 4459 The media was not prepared for boot with HP's One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) solution (Attached screen shot)

Can you use your Sharingan to help me out ? Thanks man..
Sasuke Itachi
Occasional Contributor

From the description of the error 4459, it says the job must set to overwrite. i did it but the same error still occur. (Attached screen shot)
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

Dont really know how to fix it but have seen several people talking about the registry lokk at this >>> http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1262688

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles