1752717 Members
5608 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Data Protector Express version 4.00 SP1 difficulties

CSG8EMat
Occasional Visitor

HP Data Protector Express version 4.00 SP1 difficulties

My office recently purchased a new server from HP. It came with Data Protector Express Version 4.00 SP1 on it, and because my office is cheap we HAVE to use it instead of going out and buying a program that I KNOW works. So I'm stuck with this program. Problem is that every two weeks or so, it decides that one of the tapes I'm using shouldn't exist anymore, and that the backup job that I'm using should no longer be usable anymore... even though the 7 jobs that I have on there(one for every day of the week) are all the same, just use a different tape.
I have the jobs set to run manually, they automatically wipe the tape as the job starts, and usually runs fine.
This has happened about 3 times so far, and the last time it happened, when I called the service desk, they just said to uninstall and reinstall the program. I can only uninstall and reinstall the program so many times before I need a definite fix for this problem. Has anyone else had this problem before; and has anyone found a fix for this? Is it really the program; or am I setting up the job incorrectly, and this is the only way the program knows how to respond to this?
I wish I could send a pic or two of what's going on, but the servers aren't allowed to have internet access, so I'm stuck with a worded explantation of what's going on.
Thanks