1752331 Members
5993 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

hp LTO-5 Ultrium 3000 not in device manager

yikes1231
Occasional Visitor

hp LTO-5 Ultrium 3000 not in device manager

I have the hp LTO-5 Ultrium 3000 on a server.  Win 2012 R2 Standard.  The SAS controller shows up with and exclamation mark in device manager.

I tried installing the driver from:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=4202052&swItemId=MTX_c45d658644f144cd9bf1d957c6&swEnvOid=4184

But it does not take it.

How can I get the driver for this?

thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
yikes1231
Occasional Visitor

Re: hp LTO-5 Ultrium 3000 not in device manager

hi folks, I was able to find the Adaptec card driver that was installed in the server.  Rebooted the server to see the model pop up and found the driver.  Device driver successfully installed.

Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

Re: hp LTO-5 Ultrium 3000 not in device manager

Your first message indicates that your are using SAS.

Please note, there are no Adaptec SAS controllers that are supported by HPE for use with HPE tape drives.  There shouldn't be any risk to data that is written to tape and as long as the controller works for you that is fine but there are known conditions with some Adaptec controllers that when connected to tape drives will result in interface errors when they should be handled without error. Those conditions are unique to tape drives and are rare but they can occur with tape drives.  In a clean configuration with good quality cables and clean connections you may never encounter them.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo