108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hp_ltt Linux segfaults and eventually crashes machine

Thomas Gallenkamp
Occasional Contributor

hp_ltt Linux segfaults and eventually crashes machine

SuSE Linux 7.3
Kernel 2.4.27 (also tested 2.4.18)
SCSI-Controller with Adaptec AIC7892 chipset (also tested dualchannel controller with AIC7899 chipset), using (new) aic7xxx driver.
HP_LTT version 4.0 (also tested earlier versions)

I am trying to update the firmware on my Ultrium 460 drive. Running hp_ltt repeatedly results in kernel panics, with hp_ltt either segfaulting or crashing the machine (typically after second attempt), see attached log. It appears that other people have similar problems (http://groups.google.de/group/mlist.linux.scsi/browse_frm/thread/be5a264d8e018f70/53474f0b886741c2?lnk=st&q=hp_ltt+sg&rnum=1&hl=en#53474f0b886741c2). It seems to be a problem in either hp_ltt or the sg driver, but I haven't seen solutions yet.

Thanks and Regards

Thomas

2 REPLIES 2
Thomas Gallenkamp
Occasional Contributor

I just checked the "trick" with reducing the available RAM to 512MByte (mem=512M). That worked and I finally could flash the current firmware. It appears now to atually be the same problem as in above news postings.

So if anyone has a hint what the origin of the problem is, please post.

Regards

Thomas
LTT Team
Valued Contributor

Hello Thomas,

LTT supports SUSE Linux only from the version 9.0, the OS versions below that we do not support with LTT so it may or may not work.

Also, if you have similar issues with LTT on SUSE 9.0 please send in your issue to ltt.team@hp.com.

thanks,
Srivathsan
LTT CPE Team