New Discussion

Re: HP msl2024 not showing in in Windows server 2012 R2 device manager

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dshumov
Occasional Advisor

HP msl2024 not showing in in Windows server 2012 R2 device manager

Hello,

I have msl2024, but it is not showing in in Windows server 2012 R2 device manager In device manager, I see only Tape Drivers - as Hewlett Packard LTO Ultrium-4 drive. In the HPE Library and Tape Tools - L&TT could not identify the correct NT miniport driver to use for access to this device. This may be caused by another application locking the driver.

What to do?

UPD and same scrinshots:
1) msl2024 подключен через ibm serveraid-mr10m sas sata controller

2)  the setting of the library mode is random

Scrinshot of device_manager 

Scrinshot of HPE Library and Tape Tools 

3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Some controllers can handle tape drives, but not libraries. Please check the specs of your controller.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Barry_Reider
HPE Pro
Solution

@Dshumov, Although HPE has not tested with this third party controller, it may be that the controller does not have LUN support enabled. Some controllers (especially SAS RAID controllers) will disable support for LUNs, and our MSL2024 Library operates as a LUN from the first drive in the library as a default. You may look at the settings for the controller and see if you can enable LUN support - some can, some can't. Beyond that, my next recommendation is to install a support SAS controller. You can find the HPE tested controllers in our compatibility matrix at: 

https://www.hpe.com/storage/StoreEverSupportMatrix

Good luck, hope this helps,

Barry

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Dshumov
Occasional Advisor

@Barry_Reider, Thanks for the answer. Before installing ibm serveraid-mr10m sas sata controlle I looked in the list of compatible equipment - and it is supported.
But apparently, you are right in one - on this controller (ibm serveraid-mr10m sas sata controlle) LUN is not supported. Perhaps this is my problem.