StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP SC44Ge bus adapter + HP Ultrium 1760 SAS (in rack EH946B) - cable ????

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

HP SC44Ge bus adapter + HP Ultrium 1760 SAS (in rack EH946B) - cable ????

Hi, iìve bought HP SC44Ge bus adapter + HP Ultrium 1760 SAS (in rack EH946B) and the cable found into EH946B is not right for SC44Ge !!

I've searched on HP sites and google but i've no found the HP Product code for the right cable

I've fond in this doc: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12617_div/12617_div.pdf

product code AE466A, but looking picture of it, it's not seem to be the right one !

Someone can help me ??

Blondie

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SC44Ge bus adapter + HP Ultrium 1760 SAS (in rack EH946B) - cable ????

Sorry the picture is wrong on HP's UK site and it looks like lots of external companies have snagged the same picture.  I'm not certain why the picture is wrong.  I'll see if I can get somebody to look into that.

You do want the AE466A SAS cable.

The SC44Ge is a pretty old controller and uses a connector (SFF8470) that is almost obsolete so we don't ship with cables that have that style connector.  All the current controllers and the external drives use an SFF8088 connector.

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP SC44Ge bus adapter + HP Ultrium 1760 SAS (in rack EH946B) - cable ????

I know that this is an old controller but my customer has a server HP DL 145 G3 and HP said me that i can only use this controller !

I think this is a good server to do only backups... why i've to discard it ? :)

About wrong picture, all web is full of this wrong picture ! Not serious for HP... , but this is my idea..

Mauro