1752277 Members
4659 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Storageworks 1/8 autoloader firmware update failed

Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Storageworks 1/8 autoloader firmware update failed

I don't see any indication of the library or the drive in the attached L&TT event log but I also do not see a SCSI adapter listed in the event log so the previous poster is probably correct.

If the drive is connected to this server it is connected to an array controller and that won't work.

I'm surprised that you would have been able to get to the firmware update function though if attached to an array controller so it seems like something is missing.

Also as the previous poster indicated error 90 is a mechanical positioning error so a firmware update may not fix it. If the library were mine and out of warrenty I would take the cover off and check to see if there was something like a label on the top of a tape causing the mech to get stuck. Labels aren't allowed on the tops of tapes but yet we see that a lot.
larryb
Advisor

Re: HP Storageworks 1/8 autoloader firmware update failed

Ok, let me give you a little background.

This tape drive was originally connected to a server at the data center downtown. It is not possible for me to work on it when it is downtown so I brought it back to the office. I connected it to the server here using the builtin SCSI on the DL380. OOPs, It looks like I need to get a standard SCSI card for the server here at the office and reconnect the library. I should have this done to day.

I am sorry for the confusion.